Before & After
This particular series of photos was taken by Kelly Formus. I was asked to work my magic bringing two images together and blending them into one long panorama. I also wanted to bring in a lot of the tones that were missing on the original exposure. I have a particular process I use involving Lightroom, Photomatix, and Photoshop. I tend to not overcrank the settings in Photomatix, which gives the image a nice even tone and not the harsh garbage that 90% of people churn out with their HDR software. Moderation, people.
Look at everyone having a great time and letting themselves play off one another. (MVP goes to the dude doing the handstand.) The lighting is absolutely perfect. Natural and neutral. That is key to creating a lovely image.
The final image took approximately two hours to complete.
I drew this approximately ten years ago using pencil and inked it with a pen and brush. I was never a huge Star Trek fan, but I did enjoy the original series and Star Trek: The Next Generation. Also, for some reason, I gave Mr. Spock ridiculously jacked arms. If his mind meld game was a little bit off, I guess he could just snap some necks. Mr. Spock the mixed martial arts fighter? Maybe.
Color consistency between monitor and print is important. If your prints are drastically different from what you see on your monitor, chances are you need to properly calibrate your monitor. Jacking up the brightness/contrast is NOT properly calibrating your monitor.
The Pantone huey™PRO definitely improved color consistency between my two Acer V233H monitors and my Toshiba Satellite laptop monitor. I will be wasting much less paper and expensive LUCIA ink for my Canon Pro9500 printer.
Features & benefits from the Pantone web site:
- World’s first built-in ambient light sensor enables consistency never seen before in any lighting condition.
- TRUE COLOR. From monitor to print.
- Multiple monitor calibration increases color fidelity from monitor-to-monitor-to-print.
- New color patches added.
- Advanced Help built in provides step-by-step instructions through calibration and beyond.
- User-defined Whitepoint and Gamma combinations provide substantial control over the calibration and output matching.
- Zero in on shadow detail and highlights with the enhanced LCD calibration.