Color consistency between monitor and print is important. If your prints are drastically different from what you see on your monitor, chances are you need to properly calibrate your monitor. Jacking up the brightness/contrast is NOT properly calibrating your monitor.
The Pantone huey™PRO definitely improved color consistency between my two Acer V233H monitors and my Toshiba Satellite laptop monitor. I will be wasting much less paper and expensive LUCIA ink for my Canon Pro9500 printer.
Features & benefits from the Pantone web site:
- World’s first built-in ambient light sensor enables consistency never seen before in any lighting condition.
- TRUE COLOR. From monitor to print.
- Multiple monitor calibration increases color fidelity from monitor-to-monitor-to-print.
- New color patches added.
- Advanced Help built in provides step-by-step instructions through calibration and beyond.
- User-defined Whitepoint and Gamma combinations provide substantial control over the calibration and output matching.
- Zero in on shadow detail and highlights with the enhanced LCD calibration.